Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lurkers & Here Come the Judges

I never really know who's been reading this blog.

It's been produced to encourage members of the Vanderbilt Class of 1973, The Centennial Class, to come back to campus for our 35th Reunion this coming weekend (October 24-25).

But from time to time, it has come to my attention that we have some visitors reading the postings here who are not members of the Class.

That's great. You are very welcome to be here and I hope you have enjoyed what you've found on this blogspot as much as I have enjoyed producing it.

Apparently what some folks have found here however, has placed some doubts and concerns in their minds looking towards their own Reunions in the years to come.

I won't use any names but here's what at least one person e-mailed to his buddies about their next Vanderbilt Reunion:

"Okay, we need to come to an understanding here, as we approach our
30th Reunion.Anyone tries to put up a blog or otherwise collect or disseminate information, pictures, rumors, myths, even facts, just remember, I had a camera and I used it."

Well, all righty then. Can't wait for that Reunion year. Sounds like the Reunion staff has some folks with the "right materials" to choose from to be that class' blogger! :)

Speaking of photographs how about how this one:



Now these two guys may look like Vanderbilt's version of Cheech and Chong, but today, 35 years after we graduated, you better call them "Your Honor."

That's right..."Here Come The Judges". On the left above that's Cliff Knowles, the Federal Magistrate here in Nashville and on the right, Charles (Chuck) Kahn, Judge of the 1st District Court of Appeals in the State of Florida.

God help me, if I ever wind up before either of them in court. :)

And so to be fair, here's a less than wonderful photo of me from back when I was working at WRVU.....



Now, my ears are not as big as they look in that photo. The earphones I am wearing are broken, and that's why it looks so strange. I look strange because....well....because that's the way I looked in those days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks strange Pat because the photo is reversed. I noticed that when it came out. Hold it up to a mirror, and you'll see.

Hey, it's still strange, but at least it's accurate.

How'd I know? I remember those broken headphones and having to listen with one ear!

Steve Womack
Wrvu73@Cox.net